Monday, June 22, 2009

Podcast Improvements

This coming week in class we will be working on our podcasts. My group and I have the topic of Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. We have talked about what we want our podcast to sound like and have tried to at least make an outline of our conversation. In preparation of our recording, I listened to two different podcasts of students from last semester. The first podcast I listened to was "The Last Lecture of Randy Pausch" BW0119W. The students who presented this podcast were Sean Caballos,Chip Curtis, and Heather Averette. I wanted to see how a different group presented the same topic that my group has. Overall they seemed to respond to the lecture the same way I have. The Last Lecture is a very moving speech. The one thing I did not like about this podcast was that it sounded very scripted. Our group really wants our podcast to sound conversational. It should be organized but not sound boring.
The second podcast I listened to was from SS0216 titled Technology used in the Classroom at University of South Alabama. The three students seemed very well prepared. Each one did an excellent job describing their subjects and I understood perfectly what they were discussing. When my group does our podcast, I want to make sure the feeling of our topic gets conveyed correctly to our audience. It is important to remember that not everyone will already know what we're talking about. I liked the way they organized their podcast. It didn't sound like a boring recording that did not pertain to me. Both of the podcast I listened to provided different styles and ways to present information.

No comments:

Post a Comment